We Want to Bring Humanity
Back to Accounting.
That desire is reflected in our core beliefs.
We've Adopted the FISH! Philosophy.
We care about our customers, co-workers, and community. You’ll see it in our actions, not just our words. We believe we have a responsibility to be there in good times and bad.
Make Their Day.
Every day presents a unique opportunity to alter someone’s day for the better and we don’t like to waste opportunities.
Choose Your Attitude.
There are many things in this world that are out of our control, our attitude is not one of them. Each day, we get to choose our attitude and our approach to challenges and that choice makes all the difference.
It is okay to bring your personality to work. It is okay to smile and laugh. It is okay to admit that you love accounting.
At BT&Co., we are passionate about helping our clients, we love accounting and we have an awesome team of professionals. We believe that our people are our greatest assets, and we always strive to provide an exceptional workplace in which our team members will be challenged and are able to achieve their personal and professional goals. There are numerous opportunities for growth and development through our training and mentoring programs. We offer an outstanding benefit package and flexibility in work schedules. We pride ourselves in maintaining a culture where we can truly say we are CPAs. Redefined.
We are a growing public accounting firm based in Topeka, KS that offers its employees a fun and energetic work environment along-side a team that has the passion to be the go-to accounting resource for small businesses. BT&Co has been serving clients since 1913 and over those 100+ years, has been known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We are old fashioned in that we believe providing quality, friendly service is the only way to do business. However, this isn’t just your great-grandma’s accounting firm. We use a lot of technology and are always looking for better, more innovative ways to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel
- Must be ready to grow and learn. The world is constantly changing and it impacts how we serve clients
- Must be able to shift gears between different clients and different tasks frequently, to work under pressure, to meet deadlines and to work independently
- Must have proven organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must have excellent proofing and editing skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable and be willing to work occasional overtime
- Must be a team player
As a member of our Administrative team, you will be expected to perform a variety of duties so every day is a new and exciting challenge. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assemble tax returns, assist with e-filing of tax returns
- Link (Excel tables to Word documents), format and prepare draft and final audit, compilation, review and special projects reports
- Type and format engagement letters, management and representation letters
- Provide administrative support to team members in all departments
- Answer phones and greet clients as a backup for receptionist position
- Prepare certified mail certificates and prepare packages for mailing
- Scan and archive tax returns, audit reports, workpapers and other documents
If you love a fast-paced work environment with an energetic and fun culture, you may be the ideal person for this job. Please send your resume to email@example.com or mail to Berberich Trahan and Co., P.A. Attn: Deb McGlohon, 3630 SW Burlingame Road, Topeka, KS 66611.
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated professional to join our tax team. Having obtained a CPA license or being a CPA candidate eligible to sit for the exam along with three or more years of tax experience in a public accounting firm are vital. We require a commitment to client service, analytical and organizational skills, and excellent communication skills for corresponding with clients and team members.
- Must have experience preparing and reviewing all types of business tax returns as well as personal income tax returns
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must have the ability to learn new software quickly
- Must be flexible, adaptable and manage time well
- Must be able to efficiently handle a client workload and supervise others
- Must have the desire to contribute to a culture that encourages team members to flourish and have a lot of fun while giving top-notch client service!
If you are looking to join a fantastic team of professionals, please send your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the fall recruiting season, we will be searching for future interns and those who are seeking a full-time position upon graduation. BT&Co. has many opportunities for individuals to join our team of professionals. We are currently seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals with a strong desire for continued personal and professional growth and development.
The successful candidates must possess a commitment to client service, excellent communication skills for interacting with clients and team members, and superior analytical and organizational skills. Bachelor's degree in Accounting upon graduation is required, with minimum of 3.0 GPA. CPA candidate qualified to sit for the exam is preferred.
Check out all the different events we will be attending this Fall (2018) in search for future CPAs. Redefined. Please make sure to swing by to say hi and to snag some BT&Co. swag.
Sept. 10 Pittsburg State Beta Alpha Psi Meet the Firms, PSU Overman Student Center, Crimson & Gold Ballroom
Sept. 10 KSU Beta Alpha Psi Meet the Firms, Atrium in the KSU Business Building
Sept. 14 KU Accounting Career Fair, Kansas Union Ballroom-5th Floor
Sept. 18 KSCPA Private College Accounting Career Consortium, Tabor College, Hillsboro, KS
Sept. 21 Washburn & Emporia State Beta Alpha Psi Meet the Firms, WU Bradbury Thompson Center
Sept. 24 KU Campus Interviews, 1130 Capitol Federal Hall
Sept. 26 Pittsburg State Campus Interviews, 203 Horace Mann
Oct. 2 KSU Campus Interviews, Berney Family Welcome Center, Room 137
Oct. 3 Washburn Campus Interviews, 105 Morgan Hall